"I can't be what I want to be. I need to be as strong as fire. I need to save my Clan. It is for the best. I hope they know that they have been loved. Even if they don't remember me, I hope they'll know that."—Bluefur to Oakheart Bluestar's Prophecy, page 475
Bluekit, Bluepaw and Bluefur
Leader of ThunderClan before Firestar
Bluestar is a pale blue-gray she-cat with long fur and silver fur tinged around her muzzle and tail, a torn ear, a scar that parts the fur across her shoulders, a long tail, and luminous, ice-blue eyes.
Many moons later, Sweetkit, Rosekit, Thistlekit are born along with Lionkit and Goldenkit. The clan deputy, Sunfall then proceeds to show her the territory, when she complains about how cramped the nursery is, and they run into the dawn patrol that reports WindClan being caught stealing prey. When they report it to Pinestar, he decides not to do anything, because there was no proof.
After being an apprentice for only a few days, Bluepaw's mother, Moonflower, was killed by Hawkheart in a WindClan battle, causing her to go through mild depression. When Stonepelt retired due to a shoulder wound that didn't heal well, she is given Sunfall as her new mentor.
Sunstar makes Tawnyspots deputy. Bluefur, Thistleclaw and Tigerpaw run into Tiny, a kittypet, in the forest. She stopped Tigerpaw from hurting Tiny even more than he already had, despite of what Thistleclaw thinks.
At that time Thistleclaw was close to becoming deputy, and he would destroy the Clan with his anger and hate. Bluefur knew she had to stop him somehow but she could not do anything with kits, so she gave the kits to Oakheart so they can be raised in RiverClan, but not all of her kits survived. She ended up losing Mosskit due to cold and harsh weather.
During a walk with Lionheart and Tigerclaw, they spotted a ginger young cat named Rusty in the forest. Later she decided to ask this fire-colored tom if he would like to join ThunderClan. Before hand she found out from Spottedleaf that "Fire would save the clan."
Rusty joined the Clan and Bluestar named him Firepaw. That night Redtail died and so Bluestar named Lionheart the new deputy. For a while things were calm till ShadowClan revealed that they had evicted WindClan from their territory in order to get more hunting grounds.
Brokenstar asked for hunting rights in ThunderClan territory but Bluestar declined. Not long later the ThunderClan camp was invaded by a group of ShadowClan cats but ThunderClan managed to drive them off but not with out losts.
She allowed a ShadowClan cat named Yellowfang to join her Clan after she had been exiled by Brokenstar. Spottedleaf was killed leaving ThunderClan without a Medicine Cat. It only got worse when three kits were stolen by Clawface and taken to ShadowClan's camp.
After the kits were saved and ShadowClan was freed of Brokenstar, Bluestar allowed Yellowfang to remain in ThunderClan as the new medicine cat. For their bravery she made Fireheart and Graystripe warriors.
The first thing she had these two new warriors do was bring back WindClan. She soon named Sandstorm and Dustpelt warriors and gave Fireheart an apprentice named Cinderpaw and Graystripe an apprentice named Brackenpaw.
Tigerclaw was revealed to have killed Redtail thanks to Fireheart. She later goes crazy after she finds out that Tigerclaw, her former deputy, was planning on taking over and would kill her in order to do it and she later rebels against StarClan, and when she renamed Brightpaw to Lostface, who was attacked by Tigerstar's half trained dog pack and she believed it was not cruel.
She later dies, in the dog attack that Tigerclaw, which is exiled, had led to destroy ThunderClan. She drowned in the river, saving the clan from Tigerclaw's dog pack. Even though Fireheart managed to pull her on shore, she dies shortly after she shares tongues with her two kits, Mistyfoot and Stonefur for the first and last time.
Grandson: Reedwhisker, Perchkit and Pikepaw
Cousins: Swiftbreeze, Leopardfoot, Patchpelt, Redtail, Spottedleaf, Willowpelt, Tigerstar, Nightkit, Mistkit, Bramblestar, Tawnypelt, Hawkfrost, Mothwing, Tadpole, Leafpool, Squirrelflight, Hollyleaf, Jayfeather, Lionblaze, Sparkpaw, Alderheart, Dandelionkit, Juniperkit, Fernsong, Hollytuft, Sorrelstripe, Flametail, Dawnpelt, Tigerheart, Strikepaw, Sleekpaw, Juniperpaw
- Bluefur named her kits after what reminded her of the river.
- In an Erin Hunter Chat, it was revealed that Bluestar's name could have been Moonstar, but the Erins wanted to keep the prefix Moon- to the StarClan territories, the Moonstone and Moonpool. However, this is somewhat strange, because Bluestar's mother was named Moonflower.
- In that same chat, Vicky said Bluestar's warrior name was originally Moonstone, although this was changed later on, because of the same reasons.
- In Erin Hunter Chat 2, it was revealed that Bluestar's warrior name was going to be Bluestone, but it was changed as it sounded too similar to Moonstone.
- She has been mistakenly described as dark gray on multiple occasions.
- She has been depicted as a light gray cat with dark stripe on her head.
- She has been depicted as completely blue instead of blue-gray on the cover of Bluestar's Prophecy.
- It was originally stated that Bluestar and Whitestorm shared no familial relation until Bluestar's Prophecy.
- On Twitter, Kate Cary confirmed Bluestar and Oakheart are mates in StarClan, but that she and the rest of the Erin Hunter team never had time to point it out in the books.
- Her name was mispelled as "Blusestar" in Into the Wild.
- In Bluestar's Prophecy, it is said that Bluestar has lost seven lives. However, she does not lose her seventh life until Into the Wild.
- In Bluestar's Prophecy, Bluestar told her Clanmates her kits had been stolen by a fox, but in The Ultimate Guide, it notes that she said a starving badger stole them.
- In A Forest of Secrets, she is mistakenly described to have a silver pelt.
- In A Dangerous Path, she was mistakenly described with a silver-gray coat.
- Bluestar has Russian Blue ancestry.
- In Into the Wild, Bluestar is described as having white hairs streaking her muzzle. This is also said in Bluestar's Prophecy, when Bluestar tells Redkit that she is getting old.
- The reason ThunderClan never found out the truth about Bluestar's missing kits is because cats aren't interested in bloodlines and would never have doubted a queen's word about the death of her kits.
- Bluestar could possibly have SkyClan blood, since her cousin Spottedleaf, is a SkyClan descendant.
References and Citations
- ↑ Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 160
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Revealed in Into the Wild
- ↑ Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 7
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 23
- ↑ Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 179
- ↑ Revealed in Into the Wild, page 17
- ↑ Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 48
- ↑ Revealed in Midnight, page 2
- ↑ Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 26
- ↑ Revealed in Into the Wild, page 5