"I can't be what I want to be. I need to be as strong as fire. I need to save my Clan. It is for the best. I hope they know that they have been loved. Even if they don't remember me, I hope they'll know that."—Bluefur to Oakheart in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 475
Bluekit, Bluepaw, Bluefur
Bluestar is a pale blue-gray she-cat with long fur and silver fur tinged around her muzzle and tail, a torn ear, a scar that parts the fur across her shoulders, a long tail, and luminous, ice-blue eyes.
Goosefeather later shows them his den, where Snowkit eats two poppy seeds and gets into trouble. Then, Pinestar calls a meeting and Patchkit and Leopardkit are made into apprentices.
Many moons later, Sweetkit, Rosekit, Thistlekit are born along with Lionkit and Goldenkit. The Clan deputy, Sunfall, then proceeds to show her the territory, when she complains about how cramped the nursery is, and they run into the dawn patrol that reports WindClan being caught stealing prey. When they report it to Pinestar, he decides not to do anything, because there was no proof.
Bluepaw got Stonepelt as her mentor, while her sister, Snowpaw, got Sparrowpelt.
After being an apprentice for only a few days, Bluepaw's mother, Moonflower, was killed by Hawkheart in a WindClan battle, causing her to go through mild depression. When Stonepelt retired due to a shoulder wound that didn't heal well, she is given Sunfall as her new mentor.
Bluefur and Snowfur became warriors. Bluefur got the apprentice Frostpaw, who later became Frostfur. Sunstar became leader after Pinestar left ThunderClan.
Sunstar makes Tawnyspots deputy. Bluefur, Thistleclaw and Tigerpaw run into Tiny, a kittypet, in the forest. She stopped Tigerpaw from hurting Tiny even more than he already had, despite of what Thistleclaw thinks.
At that time, Thistleclaw was close to becoming deputy, and he would destroy the Clan with his anger and hate. Bluefur knew she had to stop him somehow but she could not do anything with kits, so she gave the kits to Oakheart so they can be raised in RiverClan, but not all of her kits survived. She ended up losing Mosskit due to cold and harsh weather.
Bluefur became deputy when Oakheart took the two remaining kits to RiverClan and she never talked to them again.
Sunstar made her deputy instead of Thistleclaw after Tawnyspots retired. She was deputy for a while and soon became leader after Sunstar lost his last life because of a dog.
During a walk with Lionheart and Tigerclaw, they spotted a ginger young cat named Rusty in the forest. Later she decided to ask this fire-colored tom if he would like to join ThunderClan. Before had she found out from Spottedleaf that "Fire would save the clan."
Rusty joined the Clan and Bluestar named him Firepaw. That night, Redtail died and so Bluestar named Lionheart the new deputy. For a while things were calm, till ShadowClan revealed that they had evicted WindClan from their territory in order to get more hunting grounds.
Brokenstar asked for hunting rights in ThunderClan territory, but Bluestar declined. Not long later, the ThunderClan camp was invaded by a group of ShadowClan cats, but ThunderClan managed to drive them off but not with out losts.
Lionheart had been killed during the fight and Bluestar was forced to name a new deputy. This time she named Tigerclaw the new deputy. She then took over Firepaw's mentoring.
She allowed a ShadowClan cat named Yellowfang to join her Clan after she had been exiled by Brokenstar. Spottedleaf was killed, leaving ThunderClan without a Medicine Cat. It only got worse when three kits were stolen by Clawface and taken to ShadowClan's camp.
After the kits were saved and ShadowClan was freed of Brokenstar, Bluestar allowed Yellowfang to remain in ThunderClan as the new medicine cat. For their bravery, she made Fireheart and Graystripe warriors.
The first thing she had these two new warriors do was bring back WindClan. She soon named Sandstorm and Dustpelt warriors and gave Fireheart an apprentice named Cinderpaw and Graystripe an apprentice named Brackenpaw.
Tigerclaw was revealed to have killed Redtail thanks to Fireheart. She later goes crazy after she finds out that Tigerclaw, her former deputy, was planning on taking over and would kill her in order to do it and she later rebels against StarClan, and when she renamed Brightpaw to Lostface, who was attacked by Tigerstar's half-trained dog pack and she believed it was not cruel.
She later dies, in the dog attack that Tigerclaw, which is exiled, had led to destroy ThunderClan. She drowned in the river, saving the clan from Tigerclaw's dog pack. Even though Fireheart managed to pull her on shore, she dies shortly after she shares tongues with her two kits, Mistyfoot and Stonefur, for the first and last time.
- In an Erin Hunter Chat, it was revealed that Bluestar's name could have been Moonstar, but the Erins wanted to keep the prefix Moon- to the StarClan territories, the Moonstone and Moonpool. However, this is somewhat strange, because Bluestar's mother was named Moonflower.
- In that same chat, Vicky said Bluestar's warrior name was originally Moonstone, although this was changed later on, because of the same reasons.
- In Erin Hunter Chat 2, it was revealed that Bluestar's warrior name was going to be Bluestone, but it was changed as it sounded too similar to Moonstone.
- It was originally stated that Bluestar and Whitestorm shared no familial relation until Bluestar's Prophecy.
- On Twitter, Kate Cary confirmed Bluestar and Oakheart are mates in StarClan, but that she and the rest of the Erin Hunter team never had time to point it out in the books.
- In Bluestar's Prophecy, it is said that Bluestar has lost seven lives. However, she does not lose her seventh life until Into the Wild.
- In Bluestar's Prophecy, Bluestar told her Clanmates her kits had been stolen by a fox, but in The Ultimate Guide, it notes that she said a starving badger stole them.
- Bluestar has Russian Blue ancestry.
- The reason ThunderClan never found out the truth about Bluestar's missing kits is because cats aren't interested in bloodlines and would never have doubted a queen's word about the death of her kits.
- When asked about a fan theory regarding Mapleshade and Bluestar being related, Vicky said that she likes the idea.
- Bluestar suffered a form of dementia toward the end of her life.
Cousins: Swiftbreeze, Leopardfoot, Patchpelt, Redtail, Spottedleaf, Willowpelt, Tigerstar, Nightkit, Mistkit, Bramblestar, Tawnypelt, Hawkfrost, Mothwing, Tadpole, Leafpool, Squirrelflight, Hollyleaf, Jayfeather, Lionblaze, Sparkpelt, Alderheart, Dandelionkit, Juniperkit, Fernsong, Hollytuft, Sorrelstripe, Flametail, Dawnpelt, Tigerstar, Strikestone, Sleekwhisker, Juniperclaw
References and Citations
- ↑ Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 160
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Revealed in Into the Wild
- ↑ Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 7
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 23
- ↑ Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 179
- ↑ Revealed in Into the Wild, page 17
- ↑ Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 48
- ↑ Revealed in Midnight, page 2
- ↑ Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 26
- ↑ Revealed in Into the Wild, page 5
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 4
- ↑ Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 1
- ↑ Revealed on Kate Cary's Twitter
- ↑ Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 506
- ↑ Revealed in Into the Wild, page 186
- ↑ Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 488
- ↑ Revealed in The Ultimate Guide, page 5
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky Holmes's Facebook
- ↑ Reavealed on Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook