"Of course. I have made good friends in all the Clans. I've seen kits born and watched elders leave on their final journey to Silverpelt. I've made the long journey to the Clans' new home. Believe me, I wouldn't change a single day. I know it is not in your power to give me longer with my Clan. But I can't help wanting more."— Cinderpelt to StarClan cats in Twilight, page 3
Cinderkit was born in ThunderClan to Frostfur and Lionheart. She was born with one sister named Brightpaw, and two brothers named Thornpaw and Brackenpaw. She was a dark gray in color, unlike her mother, who was pure white. Cinderkit wasn't mentioned until she became an apprentice.
Cinderpaw became Fireheart's apprentice. Brackenpaw became Graystripe's apprentice. The moment she became Fireheart's apprentice, she was already in love with him. She was over excited when their mentors took them around the territory and often asked questions. Cinderpaw didn't listen much to Fireheart, unlike Brackenpaw, who kept quiet.
Graystripe fell into the river while showing off to the apprentice and got saved by Silverstream. Brackenpaw soon became more of Fireheart's apprentice when Graystripe met with Silverstream. One time, Tigerclaw wanted to show Bluestar something at the Thunderpath. Cinderpaw went to see what he wanted and got injured after being hit by a monster. She survived but her hind leg got twisted beyond repair. She always had a limp after that.
While in the medicine cat's den, Fireheart visited her often. She began to learn the herbs and started helping Yellowfang. She soon became Yellowfang's apprentice and became Cinderpelt. She trained hard, but started doubting herself after she couldn't save Silverstream. When two ShadowClan cats came for help, it was Cinderpelt how discovered the cure to the ShadowClan sickness and she saved Littlecloud and Whitethroat.
This sparked Littlecloud's interest in medicine, and he became ShadowClan's medicine cat apprentice. When a fire started in the ThunderClan camp, they were forced to go to RiverClan for help. Unfortunately, not everyone made it out of the camp alive. Yellowfang died in ThunderClan's camp, beginning Cinderpelt's full medicine cat life.
Cinderpelt often gave Fireheart advice and helped him with his problems. This made Sandstorm jealous. After Yellowfang died, Cinderpelt became the sole medicine cat. She had to tell Speckletail that Snowkit was deaf. Cinderpelt wasn't supposed to be a Medicine Cat, so she sometimes got messages from StarClan wrong.
Still she knew what she was doing and she was a very kind and gentle Medicine Cat and always helped those who needed her. She was always there to give Firestar advice when he became leader. She was still in ThunderClan and she got the apprentice, Leafpaw, who was Firestar's daughter.
She was very helpful during the Great Journey to the Lake, and was angry with Leafpool when she ran away with Crowfeather, though did not tell her secret. She died in a Badger Attack while saving Sorreltail and was reincarnaited in Cinderheart. In The Last Hope, when Cinderheart chose the life of a warrior, Cinderpelt was sent free and flew to StarClan.
- In an Erin Hunter chat, Vicky Holmes revealed that Cinderpelt had always been in love with Firestar, but Firestar had never known. This is again stated in the Warriors App, saying that Cinderpelt had always loved Firestar from the moment she was made his apprentice, and she never stopped dreaming about what might have happened with Firestar if things had been different.
- It has been mentioned by Kate Cary that Whitestorm may be her father.
- On Vicky's Facebook page she has noted that Cinderpelt's prologue in Twilight is very personal to her.
- Cinderheart is the reincarnation of Cinderpelt.
- However, it can be noted that, because Cinderpelt's spirit was able to leave Cinderheart's body without Cinderheart dying in The Last Hope, it appears that it is more likely that Cinderpelt was not, in fact, reincarnated, but was simply possessing Cinderheart, as the two do not share the same spirit.
- Kate Cary revealed that when Cinderpelt went to StarClan, her leg was repaired.
- Kate Cary revealed on her Twitter that Cinderpelt was given a second chance by being re-born as Cinderheart, but Cinderheart developed her own destiny, so Cinderpelt let her go.
- Cinderpelt was apprenticed before she was six moons old.
- Kate has said that the Erins left Cinderpelt's reincarnation of Cinderheart blurry on purpose to let readers use their own imaginations to "fill in the gaps".
- When asked if Littlecloud loved Cinderpelt when he was sick, Vicky answered that she doesn't think he ever loved her because she was much older than him, but that he was always very fond of her, like an older sister.
- Unidentified Kits
- Two Unnamed Kits
References and Citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 97
- ↑ Revealed in Sunset, page 129
- ↑ Revealed in Forest of Secrets, page 45
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 26
- ↑ Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 133
- ↑ Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 3
- ↑ Revealed in the Warriors App
- ↑ Screenshot:
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ Revealed on Warriors Wish
- ↑ Revealed in The Forgotten Warrior, page 217
- ↑ Revealed in The Last Hope, page 242
- ↑ As explained in the definitions of both reincarnation and possession
- ↑ Revealed on Kate Cary's Blog
- ↑ Revealed on Kate's Twitter
- ↑ Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 93
- ↑ Revealed on Kate's Facebook
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook