KittypetEditRusty was Firestar's given birth name. He was born to Nutmeg, his mother, and Jake, his father.
Firestar was born a kittypet and his name was Rusty. His mother was Nutmeg and his father was Jake. Although he was born kittypet, he dreamed for more. One day, when he was in his Twoleg garden, he met his friend Smudge, who told him about the wildcats that lived in the forest. Rusty was interested, so he went for a look around. He was caught in a fight with Graypaw, an apprentice of ThunderClan. He met with Bluestar and Lionheart soon after. Bluestar asked Rusty to join ThunderClan, and he thought about it for a night. He agreed, said good-bye to Smudge, and visited the camp. He fought with Lontail, a warrior of ThunderClan, to prove he could join. Rusty won, and was named Firepaw. He was an apprentice of ThunderClan. Firestar has two half-brothers and one half-sister. Jake had been mates with another she-cat named Quince, and she had three kits: Socks, Scourge (originally named Tiny) and Ruby. So Firestar has Scourge and Socks as half-brothers, and Ruby as a half-sister.
Shortly after Firepaw was named an apprentice, Graypaw became his best friend. Lionheart and Tigerclaw became his unofficial mentors. Ravenpaw is a sleek black apprentice of ThunderClan, with the mentor of Tigerclaw. Tigerclaw is hostile to all the apprentices. Ravenpaw comes back from a recent battle at Sunningrocks with terrible news. Redtail, the ThunderClan deputy, was murdered, ans so was Oakheart, the RiverClan deputy. Bluestar was torn at the loss of her beloved deputy. Ravenpaw was injured, so Spottedleaf, the ThunderClan medicine cat, took care of him. Firepaw was a little bit in love with Spottedleaf, due to her beauty. Bluestar became Fi
repaw's mentor shortly after. While he was out hunting, Firepaw ran into Yellowfang, ShadowClan's former medicine cat, driven out by Brokenstar, ShadowClan's heartless leader. Yellowfang is very hostile toward Firepaw, so he catches a rabbit and feeds Yellowfang, breaking the warrior code. He gets in trouble and his punishment is to care for grumpy old Yellowfang. Then Firepaw and Graypaw take Ravenpaw to Barley's farm. They met Barley on a journey to the Moonstone. Tigerclaw tried to kill Ravenpaw for knowing too much. Brokenstar attacks the ThunderClan camp stealing two kits, Brackenkit and Cinderkit. Yellowfang was gone, so Bluestar sends Firepaw and Graypaw to find her. They went into ShadowClan's territory and found her, then drove out Brokenstar. Spottedleaf was murdered in cold blood by Clawface, one of Brokenstar's warriors. When Brokenstar was driven out, two o
f his warriors- Blackfoot and Clawface went into exile with him. Lionheart was also murdered. Ravenpaw witnesed what happened at the recent battle at Sunningrocks- that Tigerclaw was responsible for Redtail's death and not Oakheart. Oakheart died when rocks fell on him. After all this, Firepaw and Graypaw were named warriors- Fireheart and Graystripe.
Fireheart is now a warrior and has a new enemy, Tigerclaw. Bluestar sends them out on their first warrior mission, to find WindClan and bring them home from exile. It was a tough journey, like a journey to Highstones. He and Graystripe find WindClan and bring them home. Bluestar is pleased, so she makes Brackenkit and Cinderkit apprentices, name Brackenpaw and Cinderpaw. Fireheart was a mentor to Cinderpaw, and Graystripe was a mentor to Brakenpaw. Brackenpaw is the more quiet and obedient apprentice, which makes it easier for Graystripe and harder for Fireheart. Cinderpaw was the energetic type of cat, and Fireheart has a hard time concentrating on training. But with help from Whitestorm, a senior warrior of ThunderClan. Then Dustpaw, an apprentice of ThunderClan, came to Fireheart and said he had a message from Tigerclaw and told him he wanted Bluestar to meet him at the side of the Thunderpath. Fireheart said no because Bluestar and some of the Clan were afflicted by greencough, a sickness. She would be too sick to travel that far. Then Cinderpaw offers to go tell Tigerclaw that Bluestar couldn't come, but Fireheart said it would be too dangerous for her. While Fireheart collects catnip for Bluestar under Yellowfang's command, Cinderpaw disobeys Fireheart's orders and goes to Tigerclaw. When Fireheart goes to bring the catnip back, he finds Cinderpaw lying motionless on the Thunderpath. She had been hit by a monster, and Tigerclaw was there and witnessed the whole thing.
Cinderpaw is brought to Yellowfang's den and Yellowfang tells Fireheart she can never be a warrior with her crippled leg. Fireheart is heartbroken. Then he goes and hunts and finds his sister, Princess. He goes and talks to her, and she gives him one of her kits. He takes him to ThunderClan and is named Cloudkit. Brindleface, one of ThunderClan's queens, offers to take care of him. Fireheart then suspects that Tigerclaw laid a trap for Bluestar. Tigerclaw is deputy. Then Graystripe, Fireheart, Sandpaw, and Brackenpaw see Graystripe fall into the river. Silverstream, a RiverClan warrior, saves him and they fall in love, which is against the warrior code. Then, Brokenstar and his rouges attack the ThunderClan camp and Fireheart blinds Brokenstar and kills Clawface. Brokenstar is named Brokentail and is kept prisoner of ThunderClan. WindClan and RiverClan hate it, to they attack the ThunderClan camp. Brackenpaw was the one who warned the Clan, so after they won the battle, Brackenpaw is name a warrior, taking the name Brackenfur. Meanwhile, Silverstream is going to have Graystripe's kits. In a battle with WindClan and RiverClan, when Fireheart attacks Silverstream, he lets her go without a scratch. Tigerclaw takes notice of this.
Tigerclaw tells Bluestar, so she punishes Fireheart. Fireheart and Graystripe were also caught feeding RiverClan with prey from their own territory. They get punished. Silverstream also has Graystripe's kits and dies bearing them. Graystripe moans all night. Meanwhile, Tigerclaw's treachery was discovered when he brought Brokentail's old allies to attack the camp. He attempted to kill Bluestar, but he failed when Fireheart beat him. He was then exiled by Bluestar in attemt for her life. The naming ceremony was late; Clan leaders must name a new deputy before moonhigh. Fireheart was named deputy. Then Bluestar needs to go to the Moonstone and she takes Fireheart with her. They get stopped by WindClan. Then fire sweeps through the camp and both Yellowfang and Pathpelt die. Cinderpaw, who is the new medicine cat apprentice, is named Cinderpelt. During the fire, RiverClan offer shelter to ThunderClan while rain puts out the fire. Bluestar loses control of herself and declares war on StarClan.
Bluestar tries to launch an attack on WindClan but Fireheart stops it. There is an evil dog pack in the forest and it kills Swiftpaw but gravely injures Brightpaw. Brightpaw is named Lostface by Bluestar to show the war she has declared on StarClan. Mistyfoot and Stonefur are Bluestar's kits who grew up in RiverClan. RiverClan tries to take Sunningrocks back and Mistyfoot and Stonefur are furious with Bluestar. Then Graypool, Mistyfoot and Stonefur's foster mother, reveals that she was not their real mother. Tigerclaw was there, so he knew. Brindleface, Cloudtail's foster mother, was found dead. Tigerclaw was Tigerstar, the new leader of ShadowClan, and he killed Brindleface and Runningwind. Bluestar was slaghtered by the dog pack, and Fireheart is the new leader, Firestar.
After Mistyfoot and Stonefur pay their last respects to Bluestar, Fireheart goes with Cinderpelt to Mothermouth to recive his nine lives from StarClan. After that, he belives he has a new enemy, Tigerstar. Fireheart, renamed Firestar, has a hard time thinking of who should be the next deputy. Graystripe comes in his den and tells him he can't be deputy. Firestar then chooses Whitestorm as deputy. Tawnypaw, an apprentice of ThunderClan, spits at Smallear, a ThunderClan elder. Tawnypaw, also Tigerstar's daughter, leaves ThunderClan and joins ShadowClan. Darkstripe is exiled from ThunderClan because he fed deathberries to Sorrelkit, a kit of ThunderClan.
Half-brothers: Socks, Scourge
Nephews: Cloudtail, four unnamed kits
- Lionheart and Tigerclaw were his unofficial mentors
- The ShadowClan cat that was watching him, Ravenpaw, Graypaw, Lionheart and Tigerclaw, in the first book, may have been Clawface
- Firestar and Scourge are half-brothers
- Bluestar was his actual mentor while Lionheart and Tigerclaw were just co-mentoring him with their own apprentices. This is the only time a cat does not get a mentor after the apprentice naming ceremony.
- He may be based on a cat Kate knew.
- The Erins believed that after the first arc, Firestar's story was pretty much over, so they started the next arc from a fresh viewpoint.
- Firestar's love relationship with Spottedleaf was never shown that often when she was alive because he was only a new apprentice at the time. There probably wouldn't have been more relationship if she lived because medicine cats can't have mates.
- Firestar's mother, Nutmeg, probably does not know about him becoming a wild cat.
- He has never had feelings for Cinderpelt.
- It was confirmed he's not related to the ThunderClan founder, Thunder.
- In an Erin Hunter Chat, it is revealed that Scourge and Firestar share the same father, Jake. In the same chat, it is also revealed that he loses a life helping Ravenpaw and Barley.
- He was mistakenly called Firepaw despite already having received his warrior name.
- In the beginning of The Darkest Hour, he is mistakenly called Firestar before receiving his leader name.
- He is mistakenly called Fireheart after receiving his leader name.
- He has been mistakenly depicted with amber eyes on several occasions.
- He has been mistakenly described as golden.
- He has been mistakenly called Firestorm.
- Tigerstar was mistakenly called Firestar once.
- He is mentioned to have seven lives, however at the time he only had five.
- One of Leafstar's kits, Firekit, is named after him.
- Fireheart was said to be the deputy after Lionheart died in The Elders' Concern, even though Tigerclaw became deputy after Lionheart.
- Kate stated that Firestar was not killed by the burning tree, but instead died of his wounds from the battle. Dovewing only imagined she saw him get up and walk away, and the lightning striking the tree snapped her back into reality.
- In Dawn, he is mistakenly described as dark red.
- Although Firestar is confirmed to be on both the cover of Into the Wild and The Last Hope, it can be noted that his design is drastically changed on the latter cover, now sporting white markings on his muzzle and around his eyes along with dark brown stripes and ears.