"Don't worry; I'm not one of the cats who thinks cats from different Clans shouldn't have anything to do with one another. I saw what happened with Tawnypelt. It's tough to have loyalties divided. We all have friends in other Clans now, and yet we have to act as if being rivals is the only thing that matters."—Hawkfrost to Brambleclaw in Starlight, page 230
Hawk, Hawkkit and Hawkpaw
Hawkfrost is a long-legged, mackerel-striped dark brown tabby tom with a snow-white underbelly, a bushy tail, a scarred muzzle, long, thorn-sharp, hooked claws, and pale ice-blue eyes.
Hawkfrost became a warrior but he wasn't ready for an apprentice. He wanted to be deputy, and to help it he put a moth's wing in front of Mudfur's den to prove she the one who should be his apprentice. She was thrilled, but she was scared he would expose her secret.
Hawkfrost became deputy after Mistyfoot disappeared, taken by twolegs. When she returned she was made back into the deputy despite the fact that Hawkfrost was furious.
He was on the journey to the Lake, despite the fact he didn't want to be. He was trained in the Dark Forest with Brambleclaw by Tigerstar. When he met Brambleclaw he traps Firestar in a fox trap. Brambleclaw says that this is against the warrior code and doesn't want to become leader this way. He manages to free Firestar and attacks Hawkfrost. As they battle towards the lake Hawkfrost dies. Brambleclaw watches Hawkfrost die and his blood trickles into the lake completing the prophecy; Before there is peace, blood will spill blood, and the lake will run red.
Hawkfrost entered Jaypaw and Lionpaw's dreams. Jaypaw was persuaded not to train with them by Spottedleaf, but him and Tigerstar trained Lionpaw until Lionpaw became a warrior and left. Hawkfrost trained Ivypool but she betrayed him in the final battle between the Dark Forest and the Clans. He tried to kill her but killed Hollyleaf. Brambleclaw killed him again.
- He is the spitting image of Tigerstar  and Brambleclaw.
- In The Sight, he is mistakenly referred to as being RiverClan deputy when he died, even though Mistyfoot had taken back her position long before that.
- In Cats of the Clans and The Ultimate Guide, it is mentioned Hawkfrost wanted to take over the Clans even before he knew who his father was. This is false, as in Return to the Clans, Sasha told Hawkfrost and Mothwing who their father was before they joined RiverClan.
- A continuity error is in After Sunset: We Need to Talk. In the play, it is apparent that all cats seem to know that Hawkfrost attempted to kill Firestar, while in The Sight, this fact is unknown.
- Vicky has confirmed that Hawkfrost and Ivypool did not ever love each other.
- His greatest fear is being rejected because of his mother, Sasha.
- Lark That Sings at Dawn
- Pine That Clings to Rock
References and Citations
- ↑ Revealed in Eclipse, page 106
- ↑ Revealed in Night Whispers, page 165
- ↑ Revealed in Midnight, page 52
- ↑ Revealed in Fading Echoes, page 2
- ↑ Revealed in Fading Echoes, page 122
- ↑ Revealed in Fading Echoes, page 120
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Revealed in Dawn, page 147
- ↑ Revealed in Fading Echoes, page 1
- ↑ Revealed in Midnight, page 216
- ↑ Revealed in Midnight, page 53
- ↑ Revealed in Dawn, page Chapter 10
- ↑ Revealed in Twilight, page Chapter 12
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Revealed in The Sight, page 57
- ↑ Revealed in Return to the Clans, page 65
- ↑ Revealed in The Ultimate Guide, page 135
- ↑ Revealed in After Sunset: We Need to Talk, page 3
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook Page
- ↑ Revealed onVicky's Facebook Page