"You! When all cats have closed eyes, we gave the gift of sight to the cat who is blind. You see more than most, but look inside, too. See your own strength."—Midnight to Jayfeather The Last Hope, page 127
Jaykit, Jaypaw and Jay's Wing
He discovered that he part of an important prophecy saying that he and two other cats will "Hold the power of the stars in their paws."
He soon dicovered that he could feel other cats emotions and also walk in their dreams and memories. Jaypaw then traveled in the past to the tribe's time and meet Half Moon. Jaypaw soon started to have feelings for her as he led the ancient tribe to the moutains. However, Jaypaw was soon brought back to normal clan time. He soon became a medicine cat.
Jaypaw became a full medicine cat known as Jayfeather.
He soon realized that there had to be a third cat in the prophecy, but Hollyleaf was gone. He and Lionblaze suspected one of Whitewing kits were the third cat, which was later found out to be Dovekit. Jayfeather once fought Breezepelt by the Moonpool to save a ThunderClan queen, Poppyfrost.
Jayfeather was the first to know about the prophecy by walking in Firestar's dreams. He was one of the three cats from the prophecy.
He also found out that Mothwing didn't believe in StarClan. During his second visit to the ancient tribe, Jayfeather taught the ancient tribe to be like the Tribe of Rushing Water. He soon refused to leave, saying that he wanted to stay with Half Moon, but he was still brought back to the clans.
Jayfeather was then told of a prophecy saying that he and the Three had to find a fourth cat in order to save the clans from the Dark Forest. During The Last Hope, The Dark Forest grew stronger and were ready to attack the clans and StarClan had broken up.
Jayfeather reunited StarClan together and found out that Firestar was the fourth cat. He and the rest of the clans fought The Dark Forest battle, winning. Firestar died though. Jayfeather and the three had saved the clans.
- Jayfeather had the power to appear in other cats' dreams and read their emotions, thoughts, and memories, but his power was revoked from him after his prophecy had been fulfilled.
- He was born blind due to genetic reasons. This is also confirmed in Leafpool's Wish.
- Jayfeather was named after his eyes as the color of them are like a jay's wing.
- Leafpool named Jayfeather after his father, Crowfeather. This is also confirmed in Leafpool's Wish.
- Jaykit describes Dustpelt as a dark tabby despite not being able to see him.
- Jayfeather mentions that "every time he saw Leafpool, Squirrelflight, or Brambleclaw, he felt the prick of betrayal", despite being blind and not being able to see any of them, and Brambleclaw not knowing any of the lies about Jayfeather's birth prior to Hollyleaf revealing the secret.
- Jayfeather is the reincarnation of Jay's Wing.
- Stone Song refers to Jay's Wing as Jayfeather despite not knowing Jayfeather's Clan name.
- The Three did not lose their powers after the events of The Last Hope. However, this is contradicted by the fact the Three are seen without their powers in Bramblestar's Storm and Dovewing's Silence.
- Vicky has confirmed that when Lionblaze, Jayfeather, and Dovewing die they will be their own selves, not the cats that they were reincarnated from.
- Kate doesn't think that Jayfeather will be blind in StarClan.
- It was heavily implied in The Confidential Notes #2: Unhappily Ever After? Ending the Doomed Romances that Jayfeather and Half Moon would walk together in StarClan.
- Jayfeather's eyes are shown without pupils in The Ultimate Guide.
- Kate stated that she loved the shipping of "Jay and Stick", and that she "adored her fans' sense of humour."
References and Citations
- ↑ Revealed in The Sight, page 216
- ↑ Revealed in Leafpool's Wish, chapter 9
- ↑ Revealed in The Sight, page 37
- ↑ Revealed in The Sight, page 4
- ↑ Revealed in The Sight, page 36
- ↑ Revealed in The Sight, page 45
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Revealed in Leafpool's Wish, page Chapter 10
- ↑ Revealed in Night Whispers, page 281
- ↑ Revealed in The Fourth Apprentice, page 292
- ↑ Revealed in Dovewing's Silence, chapter 9
- ↑ Revealed in Dovewing's Silence, chapter 1
- ↑ Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 3
- ↑ Revealed in Leafpool's Wish, chapter 10
- ↑ Revealed in Leafpool's Wish, chapter 11
- ↑ Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 6
- ↑ Revealed in The Sight, page 7
- ↑ Revealed in The Last Hope, page 17
- ↑ Revealed in Sign of the Moon, pages 291-292
- ↑ Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 258
- ↑ Revealed in Kate's Blog
- ↑ Revealed in Bramblestar's Storm, page 19
- ↑ Revealed in Dovewing's Silence, chapter 10
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook Page
- ↑ Revealed on Kate's Blog
- ↑ Revealed in Confidential Notes 2
- ↑ Revealed in The Ultimate Guide, page 39
- ↑ Revealed in Kate's Blog