"I promise to be the strongest, wisest leader I can be. I will do my best to echo your loyalty to RiverClan and your courage to speak out on our behalf, and I will learn from your mistakes. I know that I don’t need to prove to the other Clans that RiverClan is the strongest or most powerful. I just want my Clanmates to be happy and at peace."— Mistyfoot's thoughts about Leopardstar after her death in Mistystar's Omen, chapter 2
Mistykit, Mistypaw and Mistyfoot
Mistykit was born to Bluefur and Oakheart in ThunderClan. Her litter-mates were Stonekit and Mosskit. Bluefur had to give up her kits so she could become deputy. Oakheart took the kits to RiverClan but Mosskit sadly died in the snow.
Oakheart asked Graypool to take care of the two kits and so she did, she also knew that Mistykit and Stonekit were Half-clans but she kept it to herself until Tigerstar pretended to be Oakheart and then Graypool, who was very old, accidently gave it out. This is in the book: Bluestar's Prophecy.
Not much is known about her apprentice life.
Mistyfoot and Stonefur became warriors of RiverClan. She got her apprentice named Featherpaw who was Silverstream's kit. She and Silverstream were friends when she still alive. Stonefur got Stormpaw, Silvestream's son as his apprentice. Her brother became deputy when Leopardstar took leadership. Leopardstar was often visited by Tigerstar of ShadowClan. When Mistyfoot found out that Bluestar was her real mother she was at first angry.
Mistyfoot gave birth to four kits one was Reedwhisker. Tigerstar formed TigerClan and he had found out about who Mistyfoot's real mother was. He had her, Stonefur and their apprentices locked away and guarded. He had her brother Stonefur killed by Blackfoot. Blackfoot wanted some revenge too.
Firestar, Graystripe and Ravenpaw came to save them. She, Stormpaw and Featherpaw went to live in ThunderClan. After BloodClan and TigerClan were defeated she went back to RiverClan with the apprentice. Leopardstar had Mistyfoot became deputy since Stonefur had died.
Mistyfoot's apprentice Featherpaw became Feathertail. She later got a new apprentice named Dapplepaw who later became Dapplenose. When twolegs were destroying the forest she was captured. When she was freed she founded her way back to RiverClan where learned that Hawkfrost has been named deputy in her place. However Leopardstar quickly renames her deputy.
She later became leader after Leopardstar died. She is seen by Dovepaw using her powers. Mistystar visits Firestar to tell him about Leopardstar's death, as she leaves she accepts Firestar's offer of herbs.
Mistystar's Nine LivesEdit
First Life Graypool gave her a mother's love.
Second Life Stonefur gave her equality and battle injustice.
Third Life Feathertail gave her acceptance of fate.
Fourth Life Crookedstar gave her wisdom and strength.
Fifth Life Oakheart gave her courage to follow her heart.
Sixth Life Bluestar gave her life for doing what is right despire adversity.
Seventh Life Silverstream gave her life for finding happiness when there seems to be nothing.
Eighth Life Rippletail gave her curiosity.
Perchkit gave her bravery.
Foster Mother: Graypool
Foster Brother: Unnamed kit
Sons: Reedwhisker, Pikepaw, and Perchkit
Half-Uncle: Unnamed kit
Great Uncle: Goosefeather
Cousins: Whitestorm, Silverstream, Sorreltail, Rainwhisker, Sootfur, Feathertail, Stormfur, Molepaw, Honeyfern, Poppyfrost, Cinderheart, Molewhisker, Cherryfall, Lilyheart, Seedpaw, Fernsong, Hollytuft, Sorrelstripe, Leafkit, Honeykit and Larkkit
- Kate Cary said that she'd like to think that two of the four were Graymist and Rippletail. Reedwhisker was later confirmed to be one of her kits in the same chat.
- It is later revealed that Graymist and Rippletail were not Reedwhisker's littermates, and that the kits Fireheart saves from the river came from a litter consisting of Reedwhisker, Perchkit, Pikepaw, and Primrosepaw.
- Mistystar has mistakenly been described as pale gray.
- In A Forest of Secrets, she is mistakenly described to have a silver pelt.
- In Dark River, she is accidentally called stone colored.
- In Mistystar's Omen, Mistystar mentions that she did not know Oakheart to be her father until after Bluestar's death. However, in Forest of Secrets, long before Bluestar's death, Mistyfoot tells Fireheart that Oakheart is her father.
- In Bramblestar's Storm, it is mistakenly said that Graystripe is her father.
- In Bramblestar's Storm, she is accidentally called Miststar.
- In Bramblestar's Storm, she is mistakenly referred to as WindClan's leader.
References and CitationsEdit
- ↑ Revealed on Kate's blog
- ↑ Revealed in Forest of Secrets
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Revealed in Forest of Secrets, page 54
- ↑ Revealed in Midnight, page 42
- ↑ Revealed in The Sight, page 147
- ↑ Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 467
- ↑ Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 453
- ↑ Revealed in A Dangerous Path, page 310